Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Father-Pope Benedict VXI


Finally one more topic for tonight -the Holy Father.

Pedophile priests -are scum of the earth but let’s put perspective on this. The percentage of sexual abuse from clergy is 2-4 % overall while sexual abuse from other profession such as teachers is much higher- I have seen figures up to 10 %. Yet one would conclude after reading the papers that all priests, and sometimes-only priests, are pedophiles.

To her everlasting shame the church was slow to respond to this problem-but the vicious attacks this week in the NYT against Pope Benedict VXI are not based in fact. The reporting of the last week about what the Holy Father did or did not know or did or did not do seems like a concerted attack on a man who has responded to this crisis with a decisive and clear response-to both abuser-enablers-and victims.

Therefore I ask my catholic brethren-please in Christ's name pray for our Church -She needs to clean house and account for these hideous priests- please please pray for the victims whose suffering we cannot imagine.

We are all one body as such when one part of the body suffers all of the body suffers. So let’s pray together and do penance for those who cannot not or will not for the hideous sins that have harmed so many people-first and foremost the victims of abuse- the innocent priests marred by the scandal- the church as a whole.

Please let us unite in prayer for our Holy Father who is obviously under a willful and planned attack, in my humble estimation.

Mothers- I am not sure how you all are handling the issue with children who are of age. I personally try to be as honest as possible. I put the picture in perspective- as I mentioned previously- the church is not the only institution dealing with this hideous crime but by media accounts one would think she is- having said this -without vivid detail- I do not minimize the horrendous consequences of the crime when discussing this with age appropriate children.

I have included some links from articles I found enlightening. Disclosure- they are bias in favor of the Pope but they are also quite objective.

Some of these links you may have to copy and paste but they are worth the read in my opinion.

DiMarzio: "Enough is enough!"

Reports blaming Pope for mishandled sex abuse case are inaccurate, Church judge reveals

To Whom Shall We Go? « The Gospel in the Digital Age

THANK YOU, CARDINAL RATZINGER

"Culture Changes in the Church"

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=a9a4cd05-0934-4b32-a3f8-2ba97da935b3&p=2

PASTORAL LETTER
OF THE HOLY FATHER
POPE BENEDICT XVI
TO THE CATHOLICS OF IRELAND

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2010/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20100319_church-ireland_en.html

If anyone has read my musings tonight- I say Adios- Bon Nuit and God Bless You

if I am writing to myself, in that case I will bless myself and off to bed. :-)




2 comments:

  1. Evil Monster Update

    http://www.ncregister.com/blog/evil_monster_update_the_inside_story/#When:12:24:56Z


    Another article worth reading !

    copy and paste URL

    ReplyDelete

Followers