Thursday, April 1, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY ROSARY

This has been sent to me by a few friends which indicates to me the words is getting out.

Imagine what might happen if every Catholic in the world would pray a
Rosary on the same day! We have an example in October of
1573, when Europe was saved from the invasion of the mighty
Turkish fleet, by the praying of the Rosary by all Christians!


So, on Good Friday, let us all pray a Rosary for peace in the world and
the return of moral values into our communities. If possible,
please pray your Rosary between Noon and 3:00pm.


Also, please e-mail this message to every Catholic on your address list,
and ask them to pass it along to every Catholic on their
lists. Let's unite in praying one of the most powerful
prayers in existence, for these intentions, on one of the holiest days
in our Church year.

God bless all,

1 comment:

  1. I said my rosary...and contemplated the fruits of worldwide prayer.

    Considering it is Good Friday most thoughts during prayer today are on suffering- "if you want to be my follower you must pick up your cross" ...My contemplation led me to ask myself if I truly understand what the Lord endured during his passion and crucifixion. I have to answer “no I do not”. I know this answer to be correct because I cannot feel- I cannot imagine- the suffering- the pain- or the anguish-. Only Jesus Christ experienced the level of intimacy with God as one –imagine the love and peace he experienced when he was one with God in his human form. Then imagine how anguished he must have been to experience the complete absence of God, and to top it off the physical and emotional suffering he experienced at the same time. I can somewhat imagine this, and know this must have been awful-but I cannot understand d the experience unless I allow myself to remember those moments of utter pain when God consoled me. Nothing compares to the consolation after suffering.

    The church has witnessed great saints who actually desired to suffer. Considering the previous statement on consolations I do not desire to suffer. I cannot desire even the smallest form of suffering such as going hungry for one extra hour. I cannot figure this out because it has been through great moments of suffering where I have attained the greatest peace during my life. Why then don’t I desire to suffer-when I know and have experienced the fruits of suffering?

    I think the desire is experienced when the intimacy with Christ is present in my relationship. I do not have the level of intimacy with the Lord that graces me with the desire to do all and everything for him and with him including suffering. This is where I will spend time pondering.

    ReplyDelete

Followers